Guidelines for Skits
All skits must…
- be appropriate to all the audience (all ages!)
- display the standards and values that Boy Scout organization strive to achieve.
- avoid skits
- about body funtions (underwear, toilet paper, sex)
- that contain violence (shooting, hitting, killing, suicide, war)
- that embarrass or demean anyone (scout leader) or any group of people (religion, culture, race)
- uphold the foundations of the basic Scouting Mission Statement:
- Boy Scout Mission:
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
- honor the scouting spirit of the Boy Scout Oath, Law and Promise values as responsible, participating citizens.
If there is a hint that it is inappropriate, choose another skit, don’t do it.